Custom Search

Welcome to Dodge Caravan Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Dodge Caravan Forum, like most online communities you must register to create a topic or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Dodge Caravan Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rear Brake Caliper Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FLJohnson

FLJohnson

New Caravan Member

• Caravan Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationApex, NC
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Grand Caravan SXT

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

I went to change the brake fluid on my 2009 Grand Caravan SXT (35,000 miles) when I discovered that the inner pad on my left rear wheel is almost worn completely to the base, whereas the outer pad has lots of pad left. This indicates a problem with the caliper, and I intend to look at it more closely this week to determine if it is a problem with the piston or perhaps the guide pins.

I'm not looking for a diagnosis or solutions, but I was wondering if others had seen such a problem with so few miles on their Grand Caravan?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 Ajackson

Ajackson

New Caravan Member

• Caravan Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationN/a
  • Current Vehicle:15 Caravan

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:13 PM

I've not yet looked at my brakes. I need to do a full once over though. Warranty is done on my 15, I've got 61,xxx on it.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·