Custom Search

Welcome to Dodge Caravan Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Dodge Caravan Forum, like most online communities you must register to create a topic or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Dodge Caravan Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2010 Caravan Brake blues

brake light switch booster

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fez Budikah

Fez Budikah

New Caravan Member

• Caravan Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBinghamton NY
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Caravan

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

Hello All,

I've been going through the brakes on my 2010 Caravan and it's been a domino effect for months. 

I started off with a leaking rear caliper. Replaced the caliper, sprayed everything down with brake clean, new pads, bled the brakes, no problem. Everything was good for about two weeks and then the brake booster went bad. Had a loud hissing noise whenever the brake pedal was depressed. 

So ordered a new booster since none of my autoparts stores had it in stock. Got the right one, had to call Mopar dealership and gave them my VIN since I couldn't find any brake codes. Got the booster installed last night, went smoothly and fixed the problem. Took it out for a test drive and when I got back noticed that the brake lights were staying on. Realized that I never checked or adjusted the pushrod, so I measured the distance on the old one and took everything apart only to realize that there is no adjusting the new or old booster from what I can see. The pushrods on both measure the same anyways. Re-installed the new one and the plate that depresses the brake switch was short about a 1/4 inch from engaging it. 

So I came up with a temporary fix. I grabbed a couple of disc magnets from the refrigerator and stacked them together then put them on the plate which gave me enough to engage the switch. My question is,

am I missing something that I should be able to adjust, is the switch messed up, etc? Nothing was forced or jammed so I don't see how I could have bent anything. It works fine for now and the magnets are really strong so I don't foresee them falling out or shifting, but it bothers me that I couldn't get it back to OEM. 

Thanks for any help in advance. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 Fez Budikah

Fez Budikah

New Caravan Member

• Caravan Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBinghamton NY
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Caravan

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

Figured it out The brake switch plunger rachets out. If you have this problem, pop the switch out, then firmly grasp it in one hand and pull the plunger out. You will hear a clicking noise and the plunger will stick out almost twice as long as before. Replace the switch in the bracket and you should be all set. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brake light switch, booster

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·