Custom Search

Welcome to Dodge Caravan Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Dodge Caravan Forum, like most online communities you must register to create a topic or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Dodge Caravan Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2017 Caravan GT pulls to right

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bsturn83

bsturn83

New Caravan Member

• Caravan Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationColorado central mountains
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Grand Caravan GT

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:14 PM

My brand new Grand Caravan GT less than 2k mies has been pulling to the right. Dealer checked alignment which was spot on, reversed front tires, it still pulls to the right. At 60 mph on a straight hwy. set it straight, let go of wheel and count, you don't get to 3 or 4 and it is over the white line. I need to keep constant pressure on the steering wheel to keep vehicle straight. Went back to Dealer yesterday, he said they don't have a clue, they would need to keep it a few days but they don't have a loaner. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 Whiteknight

Whiteknight

New Caravan Member

• Caravan Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationHouse Springs
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Gr. Caravan R/T

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:07 PM

1 Would still rotate tires front to back. 2 R&P pressure applying more pressure to right side in rack. 3 rear alignment thrust angle excessive. And just because it's in specs could also cause a pull. There's good specs and bad good specs. Hope this helps

#3 bsturn83

bsturn83

New Caravan Member

• Caravan Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationColorado central mountains
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Grand Caravan GT

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:30 AM

Thanks Whitenight for your input. I have an appointment next week with the Dealer I bought the car from, hopefully he will have more interest than the local one I went to. The rotary valve on the rack and pinion steering must have an adjustment but  that might not be the cause.

I've had one service rep. tell me that the factory sets the steering to pull to the right in case you fall asleep while driving. Anyway, I'll post what I find out next week. Thanks again.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·