Custom Search

Welcome to Dodge Caravan Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Dodge Caravan Forum, like most online communities you must register to create a topic or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Dodge Caravan Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2011 grand caravan tail light issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tgreene1227

tgreene1227

New Caravan Member

• Caravan Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Grand Caravan

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:53 PM

I have a 2011 grand caravan. Break lights, turn signals, reverse lights on both sides work but when I turn on headlights neither of the rear running lights come on. As far as I can tell it's a not as easy as changing a bulb. Is there a way to fix it without replacing the entire light assembly? Could it be a fuse? Could it be an issue with wiring for towing a trailer?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 tgreene1227

tgreene1227

New Caravan Member

• Caravan Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Had it in for inspection and they said it needed new tail lights to pass inspection. Took it home and figured out on my own that it was just an issue with a fuse. You would think the mechanic would have checked that first since the tail lights are LED's and not a bulb that you can just switch out. They were going to charge me over $300 to replace a broken tail light cover and replace the lights.

#3 tgreene1227

tgreene1227

New Caravan Member

• Caravan Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Had it in for inspection and they said it needed new tail lights to pass inspection. Took it home and figured out on my own that it was just an issue with a fuse. You would think the mechanic would have checked that first since the tail lights are LED's and not a bulb that you can just switch out. They were going to charge me over $300 to replace a broken tail light cover and replace the lights.

#4 luckirish1369

luckirish1369

New Caravan Member

• Caravan Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationkansas
  • Current Vehicle:2014 grand caravan sxt

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

Our techs do check the fuses. Had a Diesel that wouldn't start.. Customer replaced starter thinking that was it.. Replaced batteries. Still no start  so he put a push button start under the hood. He wanted us to change ignition. We however found there was a fuse out that was causing it not to start. Simple fix. Labor 1.5 hrs mainly repairing the wires he had put the jump starter on. All good to go. He cost himself 2 batteries and a starter when it was a $3 fuse..

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·