Custom Search

Welcome to Dodge Caravan Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Dodge Caravan Forum, like most online communities you must register to create a topic or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Dodge Caravan Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Caravan Oil Change Interval/Warranty Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FirstDodgeVan

FirstDodgeVan

New Caravan Member

• Caravan Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationNevada
  • Current Vehicle:Dodge Caravan

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:48 AM

We bought our 2016 Caravan over a year ago but only put 6500 miles on it in the first year. The change oil light never came on, but we changed the oil at 6500 miles anyway. With this said, the oil change was about one year and 9 days after the date we purchased it. I saw in the manual today that under no circumstances should the interval exceed 12 months. I exceeded this by 9 days...is my warranty now void?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 kaptin8

kaptin8

New Caravan Member

• Caravan Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • LocationUK
  • Current Vehicle:2017 SXT

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:22 PM

I would bet your warranty is still good. I'm still waiting on my oil light to turn on as well, although my situation is a little different. Usually the warranty is void when you modify the vehicle or take apart something your not supposed to. Personally I doubt 9 days would make a difference, but you could double check with the dealership near you.  

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·